The 2012 BET Awards brought out the best and brightest stars in Black entertainment for a night of tributes, new artist introductions, and all around awesome performances. It truly lived up to it’s tagline, and was too big to miss. If you did miss it, no worries, we’ve got you covered. Check out the official player below, with every single performance from the event.
- Kanye West and G.O.O.D. Music (Big Sean, 2 Chainz, Pusha T) kicked off the show with a performance of their hit “Mercy”. Mr. West also snuck in an acapella version of his much anticipated track “New God Flow”.
- Best vocal performance honors of the night go to the ladies of “Sunday Best” (Y’Anna Crawley, Jessica Reedy, Amber Bullock + Yolanda Adams) and Melanie Fiona, respectively. Awesome performances.
- Usher performed a stripped back rendition of his number #1 hit single “Climax”… lots of falsetto, no dancing.
- In one of the most anticipated performances of the night, D’Angelo made his first television appearance in 12 years. He still sounds amazing.
- While all of the performances were equally awesome in their own rights, the Whitney Houston tribute medley will probably be talked about for years to come. It was the perfect way to pay homage to a woman that the world will remember as The Voice.